Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quotable Quotes - Meg-a-Readers Special

Quotable Quotes is my way of sharing some of my favorite quotes from books, movies and songs.

Since I've been totally absent in the Meg-a-Readers department lately I've decided to dedicated this week's Quotable Quote to a few of my favorite Meg Cabot quotes from The Princess Diaries.

“A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle."
I really hate this expression. I bet fish would totally want bicycles.”
― Princess on the Brink

“Accept the things I cannot change," I said. "And pray for the courage to change the things I can, as well as the wisdom to know the difference."
The thing is... I know this is good advice. It's called the Serenity Prayer, and it really does put things in perspective (it's suppose to be for recovering alcoholics, but it helps recovering freakoutaholics, like me, as well).”
―  Forever Princess 

“Life's not easy for unicorns, you know. We're a dying breed.”
Forever Princess

“God, what if TMZ got hold of the truth about me? What a liar I am, I mean? What kind of role model am I? I make Vanessa Hudgens look like Mother Freaking Teresa. Minus the whole nudity thing. Because I'm not about to take naked photos of myself and send them to my boyfriend.”
―  Forever Princess

“And now Rocky is begging me to watch Dora the Explorer with him. I understand that millions of kids love Dora and have learned to read or whatever from her show. But I wouldn't mind if Dora fell off a cliff and took her little pals with her”
―  Forever Princess

“Needless to say, the fact that he actually spoke to me at all practically caused me to pass out. And then the fact that he was actually saying something that sounded like it might be a prelude to asking me out - well, I nearly threw up. I mean it. I felt really sick, but in a good way.”
The Princess Diaries


Or you know... Forever Princess and two others. 

8 comments:

  1. These are great choices!! One of my personal favorite quotes is from "Forever Princess" (the 10th): "Life isn't a romance novel. The truth is, the reason romance novels sell so well---the reason why everyone loves them---is because no one's life is actually like that. Everyone WANTS their life to be like that."
    Wow, that makes me want to read "Forever Princess" SOOOO badly!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one. I've wanted to reread the series again but I have too many new books to focus on. I read Forever Princess around the week I turned 20 so it's been about 2 and a half years since I've even touched them.
      Well actually no, I did read a couple of the novellas she put out in between last year.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I've got so many too! And I'm rereading The Heather Wells books for the release of Size 12 and Ready to Rock next month (!!!!), and that's already taking up quite a bit of time! BTW When, are you putting up your next giveaway??
      My first one just ended today. And I didn't want to put up the same time you are.

      Delete
    3. My current one is ending Monday, I put it up last Saturday; I didn't realize yours was running the extra week.

      Delete
    4. I had mine up for two weeks. I was thinking of putting up the next one possibly next week. I'm still deciding.

      Delete
    5. Yeah mine are only a little more than a week. Since next week is the readathon I was thinking of giving away some bookmarks but haven't figured it all out yet.

      Delete
  2. Great quotes!!
    I love the unicorn one!! :D It's so true
    and I think I need to re-read Forever princess right about now. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The unicorn quote has always been my favorite, even before I read the book, I'm always saying it to people and no one ever gets it.

      Delete