Tuesday, July 17, 2012

High Summer Read-a-thon Update 1


Pages read: 56

Not where I thought I'd be. I was hoping maybe 200, considering that 56 is kind of a high number for the small amount of reading I've done these two days. But stuff happens, like shiny objects distract me. Or in yesterday's case a sandwich and Lilo and Stitch.

I have no idea where today went, I know it wasn't to the post office where I need to mail some things out, well actually I prepay but I haven't done that either.

In my quest to continue procrastinating, how about a mini-challenge?
from Nova @ My Seryniti
  • Pick a book that you have on your to read list this week.
  • Turn to page 99.
  • Read page 99!
  • Now, from that page post in comments or link back to your updates on what you think of the book. Would you continue reading based only on the page 99 test?
I picked The Great Gatsby.
Talk about spoilers, I made it halfway through before deciding to stop. Which means, yeah I wanted to continue.
Probably wasn't the best pick since it is only 135 pages I should have known I'd hit something climactic.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous choice! I have yet to read that but it is definitely on my to read soon list!

    I've been having the same issue. Procrastination, seriously is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete