Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

Another week and, once again, yet another month. Halfway through the year. That's... actually not as weird as I would normally feel it was.
 Since my last update I've read:


The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Of the three Persephone myth retellings I've read this year this is definitely my favorite. It had more mythology to it, so because of that I was able to get a little more into it. Also probably because Kate had other things to worry about other than Henry being "so hot."


DestinedDestined by Jessie Harrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'd love to give this 5 stars but I really can't. Other than it getting kind of cheesy at moments, I couldn't get past the dialog. It was way too modern, at moments I'd picture the characters in jeans at the mall when actually they were in ancient Greece.
Different writing style and I'd have really loved it; well I did kind of love it but... I couldn't stay in the moment.

The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and DesireThe Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire by Trisha Telep
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the different types of vampire stories, of course some more than others. A few were a little too YA though, mainly the last four and Shelter Island. Then it was just the narrators trying to sound like teenage girls.

4 stars to Falling to Ash
2 stars to Shelter Island: a vampire living in your closet is so not cool
4 stars to Sword Point: if only because it's about hunters
3 stars to the Coldest Girl in Coldtown
- Undead is Very Hot Right Now: couldn't listen to it, it was partially the narration but also the British Invasion inspiration behind it
2 stars to Kat
4 stars to The Thirteenth Step
low 4 to All Hallows: The plot was pretty good but the characters were kind of obsessed with themselves "I'm so hot, you're so hot, let's make-out!"
- Wet Teeth - narration bugged me, maybe I'll go back when I'm done. But I'm getting a little bored with vamps.
4 stars to Other Boys - very interesting end
low 4 to Passing
3 stars to Ambition
4 stars to All Wounds

InsatiableInsatiable by Meg Cabot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second vampire novel I'm giving a 5 to this year. And this one is a romance. Although it is a Meg Cabot novel so I shouldn't be too surprised.
It could have been a few 50-100 pages shorter, some things felt dragged on but I know if they had been glazed over I'd complain about that too.
It was slow to start but once the story fully developed (or you know when the vamp hunter showed up) I couldn't stop. Which I haven't done since the last Meg Cabot book I gave 5 stars to.

It's been a month of goddesses and vampires!


This week I'll be reading:
Overbite the sequel to Insatiable and Size 12 is Not Fat.
Overbite (Insatiable, #2) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1)

2 comments:

  1. I loved Insatiable - I read it a year or 2 ago and I didn't even know they was a sequel. Now I'll have to check that out :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous covers this week - just gorgeous! HUGE Meg Cabot fan :)
    Happy reading this week! What Are You Reading @ the Brunette Librarian?

    ReplyDelete