Monday, July 30, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

Totally behind on today's post, if you want to get technical seeing as how I haven't posted since last Monday I'm very behind on postings.

Compared to last summer I have done a lot more reading. Which is probably why my back has been hurting and I refuse to sit down and write anything.
I spent the day finishing up The Fallout, the squeal in the Guardians series, I'll be posting up a review on Friday. I've already lifted my jaw off the ground so as soon as I post this I'll be working on that.

Other than that since my last update I've read:

FlorenceFlorence by Ciye Cho
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It was not what I expected, although I'm not sure what it was that I was expecting since it was my first mermaid story. Being my first, I loved it.
Though lacking a few minor details, the descriptions were amazing and so vivid it was easy picturing Niemela.
It's such a great adventure that Florence goes on, you just feel yourself getting caught up in the strange "mer world."


Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1)Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It was cute. There were some parts that really bugged me, but whatever I got past them pretty quickly.





Overbite (Insatiable, #2)Overbite by Meg Cabot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Is it weird to want to bask in this book?
And the best part was this was the first Meg Cabot book to finally push my nerves, moments annoyed me and it still got a 5!
Only Meg.


I Don't Want To Be CrazyI Don't Want To Be Crazy by Samantha Schutz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I wanted to read it when it was first published but hesitated when I realized it was in verse, but that helped it flow so naturally I can't imagine it any other way.




Guardians: The Girl Guardians: The Girl by Lola St.Vil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I did not think I’d like this as much as I did.
And I l liked it a lot. A LOT.

The characters are beyond amazing; I couldn’t help getting drawn into each of their personalities. Even before I reached the end I already wanted more.

Pro: Besides the characters. The flow, the story starts right away and runs throughout without stopping to drone out some explanation. Explanations were nicely intertwined with the story resulting in very few dull moments. Story, story, story, explanation, explanation, story, explanation, story.

Con: The sudden change in point of view, it was like having to reread the whole beginning again, it got a little confusing.

The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's CourtThe Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court by Michelle Moran
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'll be posting a review closer to it's pub date.




The Great GatsbyThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
People keep telling me they like this story but don't actually tell me why.
It's books like this that make me miss my 10th grade English teacher.




Antony and CleopatraAntony and Cleopatra by William Shakespeare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
High 3. Not dramatic enough.



This week I'll be finishing up How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls, I don't know yet if I'll be starting anything else; but I am still looking for some recommendations.
So far the ones I've received haven't interested me or I can't find in the library.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you got through some awesome books! I haven't read either of those Meg Cabot books, but I love her & the other works I've read.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete