Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dusty Reads (13)



Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on a home shelf for some time.

Haven't done this in a long while. And in that while my shelf has filled up so much that I don't even have any space left.

Me and Orson Welles by Robert Kaplow
Me and Orson Welles: A NovelRobert Kaplow sweeps readers into a break-neck romantic farce that reads like a Who's-Who of the classic American theater. At center stage is the twenty-two-year-old Orson Welles, about to launch his debut production of "Julius Caesar." Enter Richard Samuels, an achingly sincere teenager who literally walks into his first acting job. What he finds is a whirlwind of comedy and pathos, self-absorbed celebrities and their outsized egos, art and love.




I was having a pretty bad day when I bought this one, and I just happened to end up in a closing liquidation bookstore. So low priced books priced even lower. Easily said under an hour I completely forgot I was upset.
Until I got to Burger King and had to wait 5 minutes behind a guy fighting over the penny he was ripped-off. But that's a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment