Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quotable Quotes - Marilyn Monroe

For this week's Quotable Quotes I've decided to stick with Tuesday's theme and pick some quotes by Marilyn Monroe:

'We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.”

“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them.”


“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” 


“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”


“It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.” 


“Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn't catch their eye they won't bother to read what's inside.”


“Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything.”


“Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.”

4 comments:

  1. I have always found Marilyn's story to be absolutely fascinating! Her movies are pretty funny too! I love Monkey Business and Some like it Hot! :)

    However, I will admit I've never understood why so many people consider her a role model, or an icon. I mean she was absolutely beautiful, but had one of the most difficult lives.

    Fascinating person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved Some Like it Hot, I never got to see all of Monkey Business, I've only seen parts.
      And I agree about so many people calling her a role model, I've never understood it either.

      Delete
    2. Did you only see parts of "Monkey Business" because you didn't like it? Marilyn doesn't actually have a huge role in it, she's always featured on the cover, but she's got a pretty minor role in it. Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers were really the main characters in that one! :)

      Delete
    3. No I was just busy and couldn't sit down and watch, if I ever get the chance i'd love to see it.

      Delete