Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journeywhere we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.



I remember back in January when I freaked out when I realized that I would have to finish 1 book a week. Then sometime in the summer I jumped ahead 15 books, not completely sure how.


What a Goddess Wants (Forgotten Goddesses, #1)What a Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After a while I got a little bored, but besides that it was pretty good.




The Canterville GhostThe Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

While reading I kept telling myself that I liked Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray so I should give this a chance, but then I started to think of the movie Dorian Gray with Ben Barnes and well that was the end of my thought process.
It's true.
I couldn't enjoy it very much, I tried reading it last year during a read-a-thon but it was towards the end so I guess I was pretty tired.

Into the Shadows (Into the Shadows, #1)Into the Shadows by Karly Kirkpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well that was something...

My turning point was, obviously the story's turning point. I'm a fan of human behavior, and therefore drawn to points in history when human behavior wasn't at it's best, which is pretty much the basis of this book. Seeing everyone go into "witch hunt" mode was what hooked me.
I was so caught up in it I couldn't help but think what I would do in Paivi's situation if I would fight back, run or just sit back and take it. Same question, what if that were to happen today. Would I also shun the sudden "outcasts" or want to protect them?

Full Review

Cleopatra's MoonCleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not the best telling of the story of Cleopatra's children, it felt a little too trendy and focused on young readers. Although that is the target audience so I did get past it and ended up getting pretty caught up.

Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

That's mainly for what I actually did read. I did like those parts it's just that too much is said for such simple things.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on achieving your Goodreads goal. I'm a few books ahead, but I'm not done yet!
    Enjoy your reading this week.

    ReplyDelete