Friday, September 28, 2012

The Light and Fallen - Review

The Light and Fallen (Chronicles of the Nephilim, #1)The Light and Fallen by Anna White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published March 27th 2012

Lucian isn't sure what to expect when he steps over the banister separating Heaven from Earth. He opens his eyes in a new body, one with no wings, no knowledge of the future, and no special powers. 
All he remembers is his mission: to find a mysterious key. When he meets a human girl that he can't ignore he is forced, for the first time in eternity, to choose between duty and the pull of his heart. 
The future hangs on his decision, but he's fallen into a world where nothing is just what it seems.


I don't want to say disappointed but that's kind of what I feel about this book, maybe.
It's like expecting Dr Pepper and getting a Mr Pibb.

There's just so much potential for it but it kind of fell flat. We don't really get to know who the characters are, they're just kind of there. We don't get any full background information, so it's like they don't have a real purpose.

I would have loved to know more about Samara, from what I gathered, she seems like a pretty cool character. And from what I gathered about the two guys they have Zac Eron's and David Beckham's bodies. Just imagine the potential there.
One of them is Light the other is Fallen, the Light is suppose to look for some sort of key that he knows nothing about. And neither do we. The Fallen, well he has a really hot body.


I liked the writing, that's probably why I feel a little let down, the relationship between Samara and Lucien is a good one, and the emotions are so well written that I was feeling for them at most points. The end was great and opens the door to so many possibilities that I do look forward to the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment