Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dusty Reads [16]


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on a home shelf for some time. 

Little note, since I have't been living in my room near my books, I noticed the other day these books really are dusty.

Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton

Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and HeroesFor over fifty years readers have chosen this book above all others to discover the thrilling, enchanting, and fascinating world of Western mythology. From Odysseus's adventure-filled journey to the Norse god Odin's effort to postpone the final day of doom, Edith Hamilton's classic collection not only retells these stories with brilliant clarity but shows us how the ancients saw their own place in the world and how their themes echo in our consciousness today. An essential part of every home library, Mythology is the definitive volume for anyone who wants to know the key dramas, the primary characters, the triumphs, failures, fears, and hopes first narrated thousands of years ago—and still spellbinding to this day.

I love mythology, this summer during the mythology part of the Meg-a-Readers blog hop, I totally lost myself in all things mythology. If I had more time and easier access to all the books I found there's no saying how much I would have actually read.

A funny thing about my though is that every few months I have a new "infatuation," as some have called it, so much so that I've actually started planning them in advance.
Weird I know.
But there are so many topics I love I can't help but immerse myself in them. I've yet to completely let go of mythology but this one is going to have to wait a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment