Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Because I love my quotes.
Looking back at the last time I picked 10 quotes I'm not sure how I managed, although it does make sense when I added like 3 from one book.

Let's hope I don't "cheat" this time.

1) “This is a new day, a new life. You can't go around burdened by old mistakes forever.” 
 ― Gillian Shields, Immortal

2)  “Try, reach, want, and you may fall. But even if you do, you might be okay anyway. If you don't try, you save nothing, because you might as well be dead.”
 ― Ann Brashares, Girls In Pants: The Third Summer Of The Sisterhood 

3) “The whole what-goes-around-comes-around thing is simply our way of trying to make sense out of things that make no sense. Great stuff happens to bad people. Bad shit happens to good people. This is just the way it is.” 
 ― Zoey Dean, How to Teach Filthy Rich Girls

4) "I really believe that things happen for reasons. While we're going through it, we don't know why, but somewhere down the road we'll understand. Each experience in life teaches us something; it helps us grow and be a better person.” 
 ― Melissa A. Hanson, A Healing Heart 

5) “There are no safe choices. Only other choices.” 
 ― Libba Bray, A Great and Terrible Beauty 

6) “There's always another way. And that doesn't make them bad or worse than other ways. Things are bad right now, sure, but they don't have to be. Things are the way they are- it's how you handle them that determines the outcome.” 
 ― Courtney Turk, The Secret Diary of Ashley Juergens 

7) “No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why 

8) “It might not have been the destiny you would have asked for, ... "But I'm starting to think that the only destiny there is...is the one we make for ourselves.”
 ― Lesley Livingston, Tempestuous 

9) “People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” 
 ― Gregory Maguire, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West 

10) “It is a truth universally acknowledge that there will always be a gentleman to dance with, except at just the moment when you require one most.” 
 ― Anna Godbersen, Envy

3 comments:

  1. New follower. I love quotes! Good choices! I especially like #5.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I post some of my favorite quotes every other Thursday on here, so you should check them out.

      Delete
  2. Wow these are from so many books I loved! I was thinking about putting that Libba Bray quote on my list but I had so many others already! (Yep, I also picked favorite quotes this week!)
    Great list!!

    ReplyDelete