Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I was told there was a book sale going on so I stopped by and all I found was Fifty Shades of Grey... I just felt like sharing that.
I didn't buy it, and I left a little disappointed that I didn't get to buy any books.
Anyway what I've been reading since my last update:


Pretty Little Liars #7: Heartless
Pretty Little Liars #7: Heartless by Sara Shepard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
#8: Wanted
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
These 8 books probably could have been slimmed down to maybe 4 larger books.

Pretty Little Liars #8: Wanted






 Juliet ImmortalJuliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Description on here says: Fans of Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver and Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush will relish this intense paranormal love story...." I strongly disliked Shiver and loved this so make sense out of that. I wanted to read this long before I read Shiver but had I seen that description afterwards I might have been a little turned off by it.
I've never been a fan of the "For the fans of..." recommendations.

There are a few cheesy moments, but it's YA so that's forgivable.

TwilightTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Chapter 1 to whatever chapter Edward actually starts talking to Bella in can have 3 stars.
That chapter to maybe chapter 12: 4 stars. I thought I might end up giving it a 5, but...
Chapter 12 to 16: 2 stars.
And 16 to the end; I'll say 4.

I'm just gonna say it, those few chapters kind of sucked. It had me it really did, I was in to it, I didn't have to force myself. But then I get to the halfway point, and I kind of did have to force myself. Edward started sparkling and they lost me. That actually wasn't what bothered me but it's pretty much a good marking point.
It got me back at the end, but it really could have done without those four chapters. It's sappy enough on it's own, those were really just overkill.

Transcendent: Tales of the ParanormalTranscendent: Tales of the Paranormal by Lani Woodland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Normally with anthologies I'll separate the stories and individually rate and review each one, but I'm not going to do that this time. That would be like singling one out as a favorite, it's just not possible.

These eight stories are sweet, mysterious, and a couple are even a little scary; the perfect combination for any paranormal fan.

FULL REVIEW

Going BovineGoing Bovine by Libba Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I said I wan't enjoying it but would give it a high rating. Just because I love the whole mind warped reality I don't even know what to call it thing. And a lot of that actually bothered me, I spent a lot of time just thinking "Dude what kind of drugs have you done?" Yeah, yeah I know he actually wasn't on drugs.
I'm going to have to actually read this one.

3 comments:

  1. Love the cover for Transcendent - and I still need to read Going Bovine. Hope you enjoy your books this week.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading Twilight but just couldn't get into it...everyone loves it so much and I just don't see it :(
    Whatcha readin' this week @ the Brunette Librarian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight actually took me two months to finish so I totally understand what you're saying, like I mentioned above there's a big chunk in the story that completely lost me. But in the end the writing was pretty good (but me, I was comparing it to books I didn't like.)

      Delete