Monday, November 19, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I'm off this week so it would be a great chance to do lot of reading, and somewhere in there remember to appreciate work and school. Which of course reminds me of the teacher I had that discussion with, we decided that vacations are really given for that purpose: to make you appreciate having somewhere else to go and something to do.

Especially if you have kids, you don't have to admit it that's alright I'll do it for you. And I don't even have kids! I do live with my nephew who just yesterday made me go "Oh gods the week hasn't even started!"
It's like a hummingbird in a box.

Me; I end up like that guy from The Shinning whose name totally just escaped me, you know what I'm talking about.

I actually haven't even gotten much reading done today, speaking of Stephen King there is a story of his I want to try and get through this week. So far this morning, aside from sleeping in, I've attempted to clean; vacuum is broken, and really for anything else if no one is around to see you doing it who's to say it really happened? It's that attitude that makes people question me even when there is a witness.

I've also been trying to find a book swapping website I joined a year ago that allows ARCs, I never used it so of course I've forgotten it after all this time.
From what I remember you had to get points to ask for a book, and instead of the shipper paying for shipping the person ordering did.
I know it sounds kind of like the swap goodreads had but it's not.

Anyways since my last post I've read:

Timeless (Transcend Time Saga, #3)Timeless by Michelle Madow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Posting my review tomorrow.




The Oscar Wilde CollectionThe Oscar Wilde Collection by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really like Oscar Wilde.




Big Boned (Heather Wells, #3)Big Boned by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Probably my favorite so far.
But what was up with Heather being so judgmental about other people's appearances? She comes up with random excuses for herself but with anyone else she's pretty quick with the opinions.
...Or was that the point?
If it was, really well done.

Also I'd like to thank Mandy@TheRomanceBookie again for sending me the next in the series, as soon as I've finished what I have started I'll get to it. Although I do say that a lot; 2 and a half books tops, not counting ebooks.


Shutter IslandShutter Island by Dennis Lehane
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The end can have a 4 I guess.
I'm sorry, I judge books (and movies) by the number of times they use the word "fuck," I really don't have a problem with it, I don't. I just start questioning the ability of a writer when they use it so many times you can't even make a drinking game out of it"

The Haunting of Hill HouseThe Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked it but I think I related to Eleanor way too much.
Read it and you'll see why that's bad.
There were a few moments when I felt like I stopped paying attention and had no clue what happened but apparently it wasn't me.


Lost BoysLost Boys by Orson Scott Card
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is like a friend you might have that wants more than friendship and you've thought about giving them more but then they go and remind you why that is a very bad idea.
It's titled "Lost Boys" but we didn't hear about them until 400 pages and 12 chapters in.


As for this week: like I mentioned there's a Stephen King story that needs finishing, I also got The Goddess Hunt this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I think I read the first book in that Meg Cabot series a few years ago. I'm glad you are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete