Monday, December 31, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week. 

Hey it is Monday and not only that but it's also the last day of the year. Tell me I'm not the only feeling like we just did this.

It might just be me thought since this year I tried living by the words of Jack Sparrow: "Close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream. That’s how I get by."
I'll admit not the greatest way to get by and really it only works 50% of the time.
Every year I pick a new quote to live by, maybe next year I'll find something a little more positive.

Before I get into what I'm reading I'd just like to get back to what I said in my last post (Dec. 3) "Once upon a time the number of books I was currently reading wouldn't pass 2.
And that's counting school books. Right now I'm around 8. Not counting school books, seeing as how I'm not in school.
Goal for the next two months: Bring it back down to 1, or maybe 3."


Shortly after I posted that I was looking through past facebook posts and found:
December 15, 2010 the last day I ran out of books to read.

 
The Day The World Went Orange (Darwin's Children, #2.5)The Day The World Went Orange by Natasha Larry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really looking forward to the next book.


 
The Host (The Host, #1)The Host by Stephenie Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Might be a low 4 since it got kind of boring at times.
Stepheine Meyer is a great writer lets not question that, she knows what she's doing. The problem is her plots, sometimes it just felt a little flat.
Maybe it's the length, because I need to ask, where did those 600 pages go? I never felt like there was any immediate danger.
That being said I did have a lot of "on the edge" moments where I got so caught up I'd forget everything else.

Son (The Giver, #4)Messenger and Son by Lois Lowry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loved going back to that world.
Messenger






The Jazz CageThe Jazz Cage by Ray Chen Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I could have used a bigger reminder that the South won. It's kind of hard going from everything I know and try to get into something that's not.

It will totally wrap you up in the story (once you suspend reality) I just don't think I'll be remembering it in a few weeks.

FULL REVIEW

View all my Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I kind of thought I'd like this more than I did. I did come around to it towards the end but that just might be my "attraction" to vampire hunters. It was mainly the constant attempt at humor that bugged me and some moments just felt prolonged and awkward.


This week I'll be reading:
Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment