Friday, January 18, 2013

Quotable Quotes - "Epiphanies"

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned picking a quote to represent the year. I call them my epiphanies since they usually come to me when I really need them.

So for this week's post I've decided to share them.

The one that started me off:
"Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters"
from Wicked the musical.

I even made it a bracelet
(I also made one that says dancing through life, which might have been my 2009 quote.)
This one hit me in 2010 when I was having a hard time in school and then I realized: it's just school!
so keep dancing through
So what if I fail? It wouldn't be the worst thing, it's not like it would follow me around for the rest of my life.
Especially since I've changed majors since then anyway.

Talk about a letter to myself:
Dear 20 year-old Me, People suck but you'll show them. And PS all that info you're not really picking up on? You won't need it.
2011
"Life's a ball, if only you know it, and it's all just waiting for you; you're alive so come on and show it!"
from Bye Bye Birdie

If you didn't know I'm big on musicals.

This one obviously didn't get a bracelet, my hand is already too small for normal sized bracelets. But it did get a blog feature of it's own.
One that I haven't updated since May.

And 2012 I shared in my past post:
Close your eyes and pretend it's all a day dream. That's how I get by.
- Jack Sparrow

I don't even know what word to use to describe last year. But that kind of covered it.

For this year I wanted to use a quote from a Syfy movie, because you know those are always good. In fact it was so good I can barely find any evidence of it.
Besides that one quote from that movie nothing has really hit me so far this year.

So for now I'm going to be living by the words of the Eli Young Band:
Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart.



Which, again, might not last long since like I mentioned above 2010 was the dream and well that's pretty much over.
But then we do still have 2011's quote to dream for.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! :)

    I love inspirational quotes! I also LOVE Wicked! I sang "The Wizard and I" once in a vocal techniques class! Probably my favorite song in the musical! I also love "Defying Gravity" of course! :)

    ReplyDelete