Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter's Respite Update #2


Total Pages read: 324
Books read: 1
 
Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose RhymesTwo and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes by Nina Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This will probably sound weird but I liked the stories where the main characters died at the end more. And there are actually quite a few.
Because of that I'm going to put up a spoiler warning mainly because I'll be naming names:
(spoilers)[ I loved the mythology in Jessie Harrell's I Come Baring Souls that's one I would love to have seen as a full story. Gretchen McNeil's Tick Tock was awesome, I don't think a story has ever creeped me out like that. And Leigh Fallon's Wee Willie Winkie was good but could have used a little more maybe. The Wish by Suzanne Young: predictable but I liked it. (hide spoiler)]
I loved the mythology in Jessie Harrell's I Come Baring Souls that's one I would love to have seen as a full story. Which worked out great because Jessie Harrell sent me an autographed bookmark of this book.
Gretchen McNeil's Tick Tock was awesome, I don't think a story has ever creeped me out like that. And Leigh Fallon's Wee Willie Winkie was good but could have used a little more maybe. The Wish by Suzanne Young: predictable but I liked it.

FULLER REVIEW AS SOON AS I GET BACK TO WRITING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment