Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-thon

Wicked Valentine's Read-a-Thon

This post can also be known as me catching up on my posting from the last week and a half. Two reasons for that: 1. Besides telling you what I hope to read this week (as soon as I figure it out) and going yay read-a-thon! I really don't have much else to say. Which leads me to 2. I really did want to post but  I just didn't get to, so now that I'm here.
When in Rome, do as the Romans.
Or in my case start blacking out.
Now there's a story!
Which I won't be sharing today.

My Read-a-thon Reading Goals:
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood, #5) Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)

I'm close to finishing The Diviners, probably be done with it by tomorrow night.
And I've chosen Sisterhood Everlasting because, well I've been wanting to get to it since I bought it back in August and also because I've decided that before I start any other series I'm going to either finish them or read the next installment that is already on my shelf. Which should explain Masquerade.
That shouldn't be too hard since counting those two I only have (at the moment) 5 sequels.

In other blogging news:
Today's the last day to enter my Birthday Giveaway.
I know I'm pretty late with this post, but there's still time!
Especially since I probably won't be picking a winner until sometime late tomorrow anyway. Just get there before I do!
 
Due to my last Stacking the Shelves post it's kind of obvious that I need to restart posting my Dusty Reads. Let's save me the typing and you the reading time; ^^^ Sisterhood Everlasting. On my shelf since August, I was on my way to register for classes and figured I needed something for the wait time.
 
My usual music post about musicals, take to long so here's Big & Rich

because if I wasn't posting musicals I'd be posting country... probably.

And this week's quote, from Emma by Jane Austen:

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.”

So, so true. At least when it comes to me and books.

5 comments:

  1. Sisterhood Everlasting is absolutely gorgeous! Sad but great book! I really liked it! Can't wait to read your review!!

    And how are you liking the Diviners? I tried last week to read it, actually, but I couldn't get into it. Sadly! It looked really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Diviners is pretty dark so I can see why it would be hard to get into, especially in the beginning. I'm not sure if I just got used to it being so creepy or I'm just desensitized because before I started reading a lot of people said it was SO SCARY but when I got to those parts I was just "oh ok, yeah that's creepy but I doubt I'll lose sleep over it." Which I didn't, but again that might just be me.

      Delete
    2. Yeah it was pretty creepy, especially for a YA novel. But what I think what it is for me, is personally, I'm not a huge of her writing. I know that sounds awful. I know a lot of people love her books, but I read "Rebel Angel" my senior year of high school, and I just didn't really like it that much. I thought it was sort of slow. And that's how Diviners felt to me. I know I'm weird haha. I think what it is mainly though, is that she is overall a pretty dark writer, and that's maybe why I don't really like it. I have a few friends that LOVED her gemma doyle series!

      Delete
    3. I get that, I've noticed that with her books, people either love them or leave 'em.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I don't know what it is! But some authors, very rarely, I just am not a fan of their writing. Scott Westerfeld is another one, not a fan. I think it really are those DARK books! Where just everything is extremely dark. But I think those authors writings start off really slow.

      I've read #1-3 of Scott's "uglies" series, and then started "So Yesterday" by him last year, but I couldn't finish that one. It was really slow!

      Delete