Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

I recently realized that I haven't done this since the end of the last year. I'm currently working on a plan that will hopefully make me a better blogger. Or at least more consistence, less "It's been so long since I've done this", intros.

This year I've read 30 books, including audiobooks, so it's really only 20 books actually read.

This week I've read:
 
WintergirlsWintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A little hard to continue at times.




Going VintageGoing Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's so cute, full review soon.





Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This series could probably use a prequel. Tell me I'm not the only one confused with everyone's background story?




Beauty Queens (Audio CD)Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book really isn't for everyone. 
It's kind of like, if Mel Brooks did a teen movie.
Actually this book really is for everyone, there's so many characters that it's hard not to connect with one of them.

As for the audio: read by Libba Bray, best character voices EVER! It's crazy good, I still don't believe it was all one person.

Reading this week:
Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) Steampunk! an Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories

2 comments:

  1. Going Vintage looks like a fun read, looking forward to full review and I'm probably going to add Masquerade to my to read list. Thanks for that.

    http://ruthsrunningstitch.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going Vintage looks cute and I remember beauty Queens was a really popular read.

    I hope you enjoy your reading choices this week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete