Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday. What are you Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we have been reading and what we plan to read this week.

With the week off I'm hoping to finish a lot of books.
First day out look: not so good.

Read since my last post:

 
Vacant [Adult version]Vacant [Adult version] by Evelyn R. Baldwin
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
No one word can describe this story, there is just so much said - it's a definite must-read.
Ethan doesn't just learn that life is about more than just surviving or even living it's about loving.

You know those books that you feel like they just go on and on? Or the short ones that leave you wishing there was more?
Well this one is just right.
Not that I wouldn't mind if it were longer, it does span quite a few years in a very short time, but it's kind of like the cliff notes to their relationship. We don't need every detail, every kiss, every fight, every "I love you." It's the simplicity and the little we do get that makes it special.

FULL REVIEW
 
Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)Revelations by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story is getting better, but there is way too much teen drama.





Steampunk! an Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange StoriesSteampunk! an Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories by Kelly Link
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I probably skipped more than I paid attention to. It's funny I love steampunk in movies but am picky about them in books, much like dystopias I love them in books but can't stand them in movies.




Reading this week:
Cleopatra: A Life Enchanted

I need to finish those since they're library books, I don't know what books I'll be starting yet.

1 comment:

  1. We have that Steampunk book at my library! I'm kind of sad b/c it doesn't checkout much but we do own it. It was a battle to buy it but I think it adds to our collection.

    Have a lovely reading week :) What are you reading this week @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete