Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hour 8

Slow morning. I doubt I've barely made it 100 pages.
Nook (fondly known as Linky) is currently charging so for the next couple of hours I'm back to actual books. Finishing up Romeo and Juliet and Vampires, and then maybe starting Size 12 and Ready to Rock, which I've been saying I'd get to for way to long.
(And yes I have seen the cover and title for the next book in that series.)

Best and Worst Cover
look up one of the books you're reading for the read-a-thon on Goodreads or Amazon, pick out two or three covers and describe which one you like the best, which one you like the least and why.


Romeo and Juliet and VampiresRomeo & Juliet & Vampires

Not much of a difference but given the choice I'd pick the first. The one without the blood dripping from the title. I know it's about vampires but that's a bit much.
Plus as a design student I'm always told to pay attention to things, and I can't help but pick at so much on this cover.

Delirium
Delirium (Delirium, #1) Delirium (Delirium, #1) Delirium
Hardcover: love the shade of blue and how there's a picture behind the text. Paperback: better now that we can see a face, and I don't normally like models on the cover of books but they seem to work in this case.
The last, I'm not sure where that's from but it looks like a 1980's dystopia. That's why models on covers bug me.

 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to cheer you on! I think the first Romeo and Juliet and Vampires cover works better, too. Leaves more to your imagination :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the reading...remember it's not about the numbers!

    ReplyDelete