Friday, April 26, 2013

Imaginable - Review

Imaginable (Intangible, #2)Imaginable by J. Meyers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published April 16th 2013

Twins Sera and Luke Raine’s unusual abilities are growing. Sera is healing vampires now, making them human again. And, at times, Luke can actually change the future he Sees.

But Sera’s healing has dangerous consequences, and though Luke is altering the outcome of more visions, he can’t control them yet.

Now Sera is in danger as the dark creatures of the Realm seek to use her. As Luke struggles to master his gift in order to save his sister, he discovers even more about his powers.

And what he learns just may put him in greater danger than Sera has ever been
.




First off let's go back to my review for Intangible, in which I said Quinn was just a random character thrown in for us to suspect (basically a red herring,  which in hind-sight doesn't make too much sense since these aren't exactly mystery novels.) It's a paranormal/vampire novel, which my lack of knowledge in the previous book caused my lack of interest in the character Jonas.
Well, I'd like to take that back. Quinn isn't just a random patsy and I grew to like him very much this time around. Not that I didn't like him in the first I just thought he didn't have much of a purpose.
I also loved the vampires and ended up caring very much for Jonas.

Luke and Sera are still as awesome, as is the story itself. It was great going back into their world, a year after I read the first, it was one of those moments when you don't realize you've missed something until you get it back.

Not only do we get consequences due to Sera's actions in the first book, we also find out more about Luke and Sera's past not to mention the roles Fey, and maybe even Jonas, played in it.

Intrigued! That should be the title for the next book.
Just a suggestion, but I am and it will leave you too.

Sera isn't safe, Luke's powers are growing, relationships are immerging, elves, dwarfs, vampires, super humans!
Oh yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment