Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

5 Books I thought I'd like less and why:
1) Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake Especially since I wasn't too crazy about Anna Dressed In Blood.

2) Looking For Alaska by John Green. It was recommended to me when it was first published but at the time I wasn't too keen on books from a guys POV.

3) Divergent by Veronica Roth. I've finally embraced my love of dystopias but sometimes I'm still so choosy about them.

4) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It has the word vampire AND academy in the title! Sounded a little too YA.

5) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Like I said with Divergent, I was always very anti-dystopias.

5 Books I thought I'd like more and why I didn't:

6) Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashare. It just wasn't the same as the previous books in the series. I spent 4 books (and years one for every grade in high school) watching the girls grow up and this just made it seem like they hadn't.

7) The Postcard Killers by James Patterson. My first Patterson; I so wanted to enjoy this but the character were just blah.

8) Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton. A book about a vampire hunter? Yay! Enter the vampires: meah.

9) Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card. The book and it's description do NOT match.

10) Falling Under by Gwen Hayes. I still think I would have preferred it if it wasn't YA.

1 comment:

  1. I had Sisterhood Everlasting on the other list lol! I guess different stories mean different things to different people at different times (wow that was a lot of differents). I really liked it, probably because of the time in my life that I read it.

    And I, too, was pleasantly surprised by Vampire Academy. Not what I expected at all! =D

    ReplyDelete