Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

 
Cleopatra's DaughterCleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I forgot how much I loved history; this story was so good while reading I actually forgot where I was and where I was supposed to be. Selene is such an amazing character it's hard not to love her.



Wondrous StrangeWondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love how it spins off from the story of A Midsummer Night's Dream but it has nothing to do with it so it doesn't really matter if you've read it or not.

Bad Kitty (Bad Kitty, #1)Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Something about the characters just makes me love them; they're all such great personalities. And the mystery in the story is great.




Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (Sisterhood, #4)Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My thoughts on the book after I read it the first time:
May 24, 2008
The last of the series and one of the best.
Definitely my favorite.


Now You See HerNow You See Her by Jacquelyn Mitchard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not really sure what to say; it's not like other books I've read which is probably why I liked it so much.
I first read it when I was 16 and I really did like it, but I guess it's one of those books that only makes sense reading it once because once you know what happens it's kind of hard not to notice small details you missed the first time around.
 
RazzleRazzle by Ellen Wittlinger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Don't actually remember what I thought about it, all I really remember was my teacher trying to convince me it was a good read because the guy on the cover was cute.
Anyway I ended up really liking it, according to my 8th grade review I thought "it had everything you could want in a book." (To be fair I wasn't much of a reader at the time.)


A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That goes for the entire trilogy.





Rumors (Luxe, #2)Rumors by Anna Godbersen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars
I think this would be one of the books that Diana Holland reads alone in her room.
It's really great, and I'll admit I'm prone to spoilers so after I read what would happen that just drove me more. There were moments where I think I was reading with my mouth wide open; it's all so shocking. Well alright not really, most of it was actually expected but still. Towards the end I was actually admiring Anna Godbersen for coming up with the story and questioning how she did.
 
TroyTroy by Adèle Geras
My rating: 5 of 5 stars






 
Missing You (1-800-Where-R-You, #5)Missing You by Meg Cabot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. A Great and Terrible Beauty almost made it on my list. Such a great book. Lots of great books on your list in fact.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those yet either *yikes* I do have A Great and Terrible Beauty on my reading list though, so I hope to get to it soon.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've only read ONE of your picks. I do really like Michelle Moran -- I need to read CLEOPATRA'S DAUGHTER. I'm sure I'll love it.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Cleopatra's Daughter, though I do have it in my home library. I also have the Libba Bray book and Troy. Will I ever get to all these great books? =O)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete