Friday, April 19, 2013

Top Ten Reviewed Books

I'd still love to explain what goes through my mind when I decide to accept books to review and then what I'm thinking as I write the review, but my mind is a very hard place to get in to.

So instead I've decided to share my favorite books that have been given to be for review.



1) A Healing Heart A Healing Heart by Melissa A. Hanson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was really sweet, and not a "this is so cheesy" sweet that I always call out on, well alright it had it's moments but it never went too far. It's so simple and yet it's that simplicity that made it great.

Read it in two days how I managed to put it down in between I don't know. I actually found myself longing to go home and finish it. I can't say the last time I did that for a book.
I loved (and hate) that it made me feel something, I was so immersed in it.

FULL REVIEW

2) Dancing Naked in DixieDancing Naked in Dixie by Lauren Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is one of those books that not only reminds me why I love reading but it also serves to show me that it's been a few books since I've truly truly enjoyed reading. I kind of feel like this book found me, like I really needed to read it. I can't explain why, but I connected with Julia, even though we really don't have anything in common it was like I was there with her.
Leave it to great writing.

FULL REVIEW

3)The Girl (Guardians, #1) The Girl by Lola St.Vil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I did not think I’d like this as much as I did.
And I l liked it a lot. A LOT.

The characters are beyond amazing; I couldn’t help getting drawn into each of their personalities. Even before I reached the end I already wanted more.

Loved about it: Besides the characters. The flow, the story starts right away and runs throughout without stopping to drone out some explanation. Explanations were nicely intertwined with the story resulting in very few dull moments. Story, story, story, explanation, explanation, story, explanation, story.

FULL REVIEW

FREE on Amazon and Smashwords.

4) Into the Shadows (Into the Shadows, #1)Into the Shadows by Karly Kirkpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well that was something...

I see Hunger Games in the description and I think dystopia; which might be where it's going towards the end but not where it starts.
I might have given this 5 stars but it kind of took a while to develop. Maybe it's because I was looking for a dystopia, but it starts off as a typical young adult novel.

My turning point was, obviously the story's turning point. I'm a fan of human behavior, and therefore drawn to points in history when human behavior wasn't at it's best, which is pretty much the basis of this book. Seeing everyone go into "witch hunt" mode was what hooked me.
I was so caught up in it I couldn't help but think what I would do in Paivi's situation if I would fight back, run or just sit back and take it. Same question, what if that were to happen today. Would I also shun the sudden "outcasts" or want to protect them?

FULL REVIEW

Free on Amazon and Smashrwords.

5) Transcendent: Tales of the ParanormalTranscendent: Tales of the Paranormal by Lani Woodland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Normally with anthologies I'll separate the stories and individually rate and review each one, but I'm not going to do that this time. That would be like singling one out as a favorite, it's just not possible.

These eight stories are sweet, mysterious, and a couple are even a little scary; the perfect combination for any paranormal fan.

FULL REVIEW

6) Timeless (Transcend Time Saga, #3)Timeless by Michelle Madow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved the idea and I loved spending more time with Lizzie and Drew,
It's so different from the first which really makes it it's own story.

Pro: amazing plot and a great love story.
Con: I didn't feel like the characters were as "inviting" this time around; also not really a "con" but it kept reminding me of Taylor Swift's song Forever and Always which isn't a love song so that was a little weird.

FULL REVIEW

7) In the Shadow of the Moonlight - The AwakeningIn the Shadow of the Moonlight - The Awakening by J.J. Bidell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's somewhat simple and the beginning is pretty slow but the end is very much worth it
It's a great start to what I'm sure will become a great series.

FULL REVIEW

 
Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)8) Florence by Ciye Cho
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was not what I expected, although I'm not sure what it was that I was expecting since it was my first mermaid story. Being my first, I loved it.
Though lacking a few minor details, the descriptions were amazing and so vivid it was easy picturing Niemela.
It's such a great adventure that Florence goes on, you just feel yourself getting caught up in the strange "mer world."

FULL REVIEW

 
The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)9) The Toadhouse Trilogy by Jess Lourey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is like the favorite book from my childhood that I never had. If there had been more books like this back then it wouldn't have taken me so long to become an avid reader.
It's imaginative, semi-original, (I say "semi-" because a few times I was reminded of other things. But that's actually a good thing because I love all those other things!) and fun.
Who wouldn't want to travel around in books?

FULL REVIEW

 
Hereafter (Reaper, #2)10) Hereafter by Jennifer Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have a new favorite couple.
This time we have so much explained from the first book that we or Rowen didn't know. And also get a few answers from Choice that we might not have even bothered to ask. Although maybe you did, I don't know what your views on justice are.
These books are so different from what is out there, more people need to know about these hidden gems.

FULL REVIEW


Honorable Mention (Since it wasn't given, I had to request it)
 
Going VintageGoing Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved, loved, loved. So cute! The story is so bubbly and fun. Mallory is a great YA character. I love that she comes out a stronger person at the end. I've wanted so long to find a character like her.
And I'm not one to go on professing my love for a guy but Oliver: he's a dreamboat.

FULL REVIEW

Two more days to enter to win TWO Going Vintage bookmarks SIGNED by author Lindey Leavitt!!
ENTER HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment