Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Monday What Are You Reading?

Since it's been a little more than a month since I last posted (so much for writing more) I'm just going to jump right it in.
Since my last post I've read:
Romeo & Juliet & VampiresRomeo & Juliet & Vampires by Claudia Gabel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Yeah I was never that big a fan of Romeo and Juliet.
Maybe a low 4 because the twisty twist was kind of interesting.



Someday, Someday, MaybeSomeday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Other than Franny trying to make her dream, of being an actor come true, nothing really happens.
It's an interesting plot but it fell short of whatever it was meant to be.


Imaginable (Intangible, #2)Imaginable by J. Meyers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Intrigued! That should be the title for the next book.
Just a suggestion, but I am.
Not only do we get consequences due to Sera's actions in the first book, we also find out more about Luke and Sera's past not to mention the roles Fey, and maybe even Jonas, played in it.
Sera isn't safe, Luke's powers are growing, relationships are immerging, elves, dwarfs, vampires, super humans!
FULL REVIEW

Stalking Shadows
Stalking Shadows by Tahlia Newland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the idea of demons attacking you based on your emotions. That is a very interesting concept. And of course totally open for metaphoric interpretation.
Nothing like a demon trying to kill you to keep your emotions in check.
Nick and Ariel's relationship is awesome; talk about a powder keg. They're both such great characters, the book is all about them and I still wanted more.


*4/27 Read-a-thon**
My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, #0.5)My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Didn't exactly make me want to run out and try the series rightaway.




The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5)The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It kind of reminded me of the story Michele Jaffe wrote for Prom Nights From Hell, which was my favorite in that anthology.




How to Survive The Hunger Games: A Brief Look at Katniss's Survival StrategyHow to Survive The Hunger Games: A Brief Look at Katniss's Survival Strategy by Lois H. Gresh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Like I needed a book to point out my lack of survival skills. Technically it would be "another book" since the original Hunger Games already pointed that out to me.


Tomorrow Is Today: A Tempest Series Bonus Short StoryTomorrow Is Today: A Tempest Series Bonus Short Story by Julie Cross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Well I can go into the actual story liking Jackson. Although I don't know how I feel about going back to 2009.



***

Audiobooks:
Black Friday (Maggie O'dell)Black Friday by Alex Kava
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So that's what a suspense novel is. A lot of it made me uncomfortable and had me wondering why I would want to read it in the first place. But it was good and left me interested in the rest of the series.



Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)
 Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know what changed from the first to this one, other than less dorky teens, but I enjoyed it so much more.
Even the narration.
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am so confused, on so many different levels. I'm gonna call it a 3.5, and partially blame it on being an audiobook.
Overall though; it's too much and not enough to be considered different from everything else out there.

The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

June will be 10 years since I first picked up this book so I just had to revisit it. Due to timing it had to be through audiobook, but how could I resist when it's being read by Princess Mia herself (I don't care how many other "bigger" roles Anne Hathaway gets to me (and my dad) she's Princess Mia.)?
I learned a lot about myself rereading this, a lot of the views and opinions that I thought were my own, really weren't.

Again that's all since my last mid-April post.
This week reading:
Vacations from Hell

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back :-) Glad to see you liked Girl of Nightmares. I liked the first book, but not enough to move on with the series. Now, since you liked the next book better, I might pick it up.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lot going on! Hope you enjoy your current and upcoming reads!

    The Monster Report

    ReplyDelete