Monday, June 17, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 
I must be hungry since instead of reading I almost asked what are you eating.
Once again I've disappeared for the month so since my last mid-May post:

Read:

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've decided with dystopias I'm not even going to bother reading descriptions since those are what usually turn me off but in the end I somehow end up reading them anyway and totally love them.
I had wanted to avoid this since it's overall theme is love and I kind if figured well that's a little obvious.
But the writing is so lyrical, and poetic without trying to be.

Vacations from Hell
Vacations from Hell by Libba Bray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Slow starts to all of them but awesome endings.





Size 12 and Ready to Rock (Heather Wells, #4)Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The mystery was kind of flat, but the rest of the story was cute.

[cough cough Meg-a-Readers update going up soon!]



Ethan (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #0.5)
Ethan by P.T. Michelle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Ethan! Although I get the feeling I might have confused him with another character. I really need to get my guys in order.




Hailey's CommentsHailey's Comments by Kristy Tate
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Turns out it's a mystery.

It doesn't play out like one though.
We aren't given many reasons to be suspicious, we don't get to personally know most of the characters so it's not like we could find a motive.
Except for the obvious which would be just that, obvious.
I didn't feel like any of the major plot was developed.

I didn't see it as a mystery because we didn't get very many details leading up to it.
It pretty much just happens.

I loved the main character Emma and the "handsome" Ryan Everett it would have been great as just a romance between them, but the mystery part kind of turned me off of it.

FULL REVIEW

Me and Orson WellesMe and Orson Welles by Robert Kaplow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Once you get past the charm that was 1930's Broadway it's kind of meah.





That was all May. This month I don't think I've gotten a hundred pages read, which is upsetting since the reason I'm not reading is because I've been upset (for lack of a better word) I just haven't been in the mood to sit back and relax.
Last week I sat in the garage for 40 minutes just reading. There's a glimpse into my life this summer.
Last night I had 3 free hours but didn't charge my nook so ended up only reading maybe one.

What I hope to be reading this week:
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
Which is a library book that's due next week so lets hope I get to it.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great books read there, I really need to pick up a copy of Delirium soon! Happy reading this week :)

    What I've Been Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've love Lauren's books. I have Requiem on my stack. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete