Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Wow I have no idea what to say about this list, I'm a little unprepared to pick my favorites of the year.
Especially since for some reason in the last month I have confused so many books. I'll remember something happening or being said but then I'll come up with two different choice of who said or did it.
And I recently discovered that I've  been going on about how I love a character that drove a certain type of car, and now I can't find any evidence of that car even mentioned in the book!
But of course the favorites are the ones that stick with you the most so...

Beauty Queens (Audio CD)Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
*high five* Libba!
That's both the gesture and the rating.
This book really isn't for everyone. If you can't see the humor in the dumb and silly don't read this. It's kind of like, if Mel Brooks did a teen movie.
Other than those two mentioned, this book actually is for everyone, there's so many characters that it's hard not to connect with one of them.
 
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)The Diviners by Libba Bray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Double Libba because YEAH!




 
The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's books like this that make me want to take a break from reading, it's so amazingly good that I can't think of starting another. I was so lost in it from the beginning I was completely immersed in the world created.

Read this in January and I'm still thinking about it!
 
Going VintageGoing Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved, loved, loved. So cute! The story is so bubbly and fun. Mallory is a great YA character. I love that she comes out a stronger person at the end. I've wanted so long to find a character like her.

And I'm not one to go on professing my love for a guy but Oliver: he's a dreamboat.
 
Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had wanted to avoid this since it's overall theme is love and I kind of figured well that's a little obvious.
But the writing is so lyrical, and poetic without trying to be.


 
Will Grayson, Will GraysonWill Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some guy recommended it to me a while back and that's such a rare occurrence that I just had to listen. After reading (or listening to) this a part of me thinks I should go try find him, which I probably won't so thank you dude where/whoever you are.
The last star might be for the audio narration because they were awesome, I was loving them from the beginning.
 
The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love the twist on well known mythologies.

Double Goddess because I'm obsessed with mythology. I had dreams while reading this. But then again when don't I dream about books?

 
Vacant [Adult version]Vacant by Evelyn R. Baldwin
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

You know those books that you feel like they just go on and on? Or the short ones that leave you wishing there was more?
Well this one is just right.
Not that I wouldn't mind if it were longer, it does span quite a few years in a very short time, but it's kind of like the cliff notes to their relationship. We don't need every detail, every kiss, every fight, every "I love you." It's the simplicity and the little we do get that makes it special.
 
Girl of Nightmares (Anna, #2)Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know what changed from the first to this one, other than less dorky teens, but I enjoyed it so much more.
 
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5)The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yes I will get to the actual series as soon as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Delirium is totally on my list... And I'm going to meet Aimee Carter in the #YeahYA tour... She is really awesome!


    Followed!

    My TTT... Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, I got to meet her back in April when she was out here.

      Delete