Sunday, August 18, 2013

A to Z Survey

I wrote this post up last week but apparently didn't hit the button to actually post it. Story of my life, I always finish things but never put them where they belong.
From The Perpetual Page Turner the A to Z Survey.



Author you've read the most books from:
Meg Cabot, with like 60-something.
 
Best Sequel Ever:
This one is a hard one for me since I always prefer the sequel to the first. If you look at my ratings for some (most) series I'll always have the first with a rating of maybe 3 and the sequel with a 5.
I'm gonna have to give this to Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake, because I did not like Anna Dressed in Blood so I had no real intentions to continue reading but circumstances led me to Girl of Nightmares and I enjoyed it enough to want a third book.

Currently Reading:
Rosebush by Michele Jaffe.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Don't think I have one.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Well I do have a Nook (fondly known as Linky), but am still too comfortable with actual books.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
I've lost count of how many characters have reminded me of a certain guy; think a James Dean type. Which, as much as I like James Dean, kind of upsets me. I'm too all over the place to pick one, I'm very fickle.
But I did once describe my last high school relationship to that of America's in The Selection: "Aspen is like the hot "bad boy" that drives you into the arms of the cute football player: Maxon." I had Aspen, but wanted Maxon.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I know right?! But the title alone gave me multiple turn-off reasons.

Hidden Gem Book:
Touch by Jennifer Synder

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
A tie between the day I found out they make movies out of books and the day I discovered Goodreads since I probably wouldn't be here now without it.

Just Finished:
Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
Please I still scare people with what I'll read, which is practically anything. But I do try to avoid major sci-fi, like set in space or something. That, and books with guys easily manipulated by girls, I can not make it through the second chapter of those.

Longest Book You've Read:
Like actually read without skipping? The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.

Major Book Hangover Because of:
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter.
I read it six months ago and I'm still not completely over it.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
At the moment, since I'm not currently in my own room, I don't even have one so I have stacks of books all over the place. Although I did just realize that if I knock everything off the one shelf I have in here I could probably fit them up there.
As for the bookcase question: sadly just the one. With three tiny shelves that are already overstuffed so it's going to be hilarious when (if ever) I get back to that room and try to add the books I've gotten in the last year since I was last in there.
I promise I'll share all the details here, it might even be caught on video.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot

Preferred Place to Read:
In my room. Wherever it might be.
Unless I'm home alone (which never happens nowadays) then I love taking over the living room.

Quote that inspires you/gives you the feels from a book you've read:
“Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing.”  I love Oscar Wilde and I love The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Reading Regret:
Reading Lost Boys by Orson Scott Card. Which is why I refuse to give Ender's Game a chance.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series):
The Vampire Academy. I've only read the first two so far, but I am on the library waiting list for the third, so everyone stop telling me to read it already. I'm trying!

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran, The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
Cleopatra, mythology and fantasy; yep that's me.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
I try so hard not to be a fangirl and I kind of enjoy the fact that no matter how far I am there's always someone a mile farther. That being said; I join in on anything popular so I'm all over the place.

Very Excited for this Release More Than All the Others:
The next in The Diviners series Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Probably that I try to read too many at a time. Sometimes I can switch from three different books in a day. One in the morning one in the afternoon and one at night.

X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Well like I said above I don't have a shelf, so let's see what I can do counting stacks: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

Your Latest Book Purchase:
I believe it was a book on beading designs. I've been doing so well not buying books lately.

ZZZ-snatcher Book ( Last book that kept you up WAY to late):
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. That was part "this is interesting" and part "I need to finish this already!"

No comments:

Post a Comment