Friday, September 13, 2013

Meg-a-Readers Week 10 & 11


I'm back! I was out of town last week so I wasn't able to get a post up, and really it's somewhat of a surprise that I'm here now since I ended up sick this week.
Funny isn't it? Last Wednesday I was wandering around Las Vegas and this Wednesday I was sick in bed.


Yeah, so what's gone on these past few weeks?
Last week's winner of The Boy Next Door is:
Wendy!

I shared a few more of my favorite Meg Cabot quotes.

Cassandra @ Books Random shared a book and movie comparison of The Princess Diaries.
And Paige @ Comfort Books wrote a review for Abandon.


As for books this week I read the first three Allie Finkle books and found myself wishing I had them when I was a young reader. I've already added them to my list of books I'm going to gift to kids when they reach a certain age.
Oh yeah, I'm so going to be one of those relatives. You want a doll for your birthday? Sorry, don't ask me, here meet Allie Finkle instead.
With enough luck, if I do it enough times, I won't be invited to anymore kids parties. Sorry even when I was a kid I wasn't too crazy about parties.

Anyway when I was revisiting The Princess Diaries earlier this summer I kept going on about how only Meg Cabot can make me miss being a teen, well with this I've come to the conclusion that she can also make me miss being in elementary. Which is a huge accomplishment.
Like I said above I wasn't too crazy about being a kid.
It's not as sad as it sounds. Just somewhat dull.

And don't forget there's only 2 more weeks to enter the Grand Prize giveaways!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Love that about Allie Finkle! And trust me I'm already that relative...my brother who hates to read gets a book from me for every special occasion lol.

    And I still really need to read that series! I've got the first one, so I'll need to get to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete