Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quotable Quotes - Heather Welles


This our final week of Meg-a-Readers I give you quotes from the Heather Welles series.

“So go ahead and make your way
Back from the edge of yesterday
No one knows what Can't be known
'Cause when you start You're all alone
But take enough steps
Take enough steps
Take enough steps
And someday
Someday you'll be home
---Heather Wells, Untitled”

― Size 12 Is Not Fat


“Smiles like that should be against the law. Considering what they do to a girl.”
  Size 14 Is Not Fat Either


“Pizza Hut isn't real pizza," I tell them. "The way that balloon of Big Bird they fly in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade isn't the real Big Bird.”
  Big Boned

I have to admit that I've often used that quote myself.


“I'll just go at my own pace. Nice and easy. Here we go. There, see? I'm doing it. I'm running! Hey, look at me! I'm running! I'm-
Okay, well, that's enough of that. Whew. I mean, a girl could hyperventilate from doing that. And seriously, it's my first day. Don't want to overdo it.”

― Big Boned


“I know it, but I'm going to let it go, because I'm the bigger person. Not literally but metaphorically as well. Because I believe what you put into the universe comes back at you times three, which is why I always try only to put good things, not horrible skinny bitch things, into the universe.”
―  Size 12 and Ready to Rock

“I've come to the conclusion that, aside from Nazis, the Taliban, and possibly the honey badger, there is no one on the planet more merciless than a teenage girl once she's decided she dislikes you.”
 Size 12 and Ready to Rock

Once in a While
Once in a while you regret the road not taken
Start giving up on the plans you made
Once in a while you feel so forsaken
Wondering why so many took, not gave
Once in a while you ask, how could this happen?
How did I end up in these shoes?
But once in a while you meet a special someone
Someone who chose the same path as you
And suddenly it stops feeling so lonely
Out on that road that you had to choose
And that's when you know it all was worth it
Because once in a while dreams do come true”

― Size 12 and Ready to Rock


- Meg Cabot

No comments:

Post a Comment