Sunday, September 15, 2013

Stacking the Shelves [11]

Note to anyone waiting for a book they sent me to be review, I am not slowing down my review process, but I'm also in no way rushing to get to them. This weekend I had a "moment to breath" and realized that I'm going to take my time (unless I actually set a post date of course) because this Summer just felt thrown together and rushed . Which is all me and circumstances thrown at me more than anything. Really it is me not you. There probably won't be an obvious difference on my posting reviews here, since I usually go up every two weeks anyway but just in case, know we'll get there when we get there.
Now on to our semi-regularly scheduled post:


I say semi- since I haven't had a stacking the shelves post since May. Which is when I mentioned "slowing down" the review process. I think I only got, maybe two reviews out in the past three months. I knew it was going to be an overwhelming summer, but I didn't think it's be as bad as it was. Examples: One day I sat in the car in the garage to read, and I keep saying that the last movie I went to see in the theaters was The Host back in March, when in reality I went to see two pretty big movies of this summer. Oh well I'm here now and it's over. Until I have to go thorough it all again in December.

Let's talk about happy things now, like books!
Probably because of the summer I had I didn't buy as many books as I could have, but I also keep saying that I'm not buying anymore until I finish a list of goals I've yet to set. Although that system never works for me, so I don't even know why I keep trying it. Fingers crossed that it does this time around.
Even if it does mean less new books.

Since May I've bought:
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) Ransom My Heart Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3)
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead: Got it during the book tour so it's also signed.
Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot: I bought it for the Meg-a-Readers read-a-thon but sadly wasn't able to read it.
Every Boy's Got One by Meg Cabot: Since I was giving away The Boy Next Door a few weeks ago I decided that I should read the other books in the set. Still need the second one though.

EBOOKS:
Before I Fall Starling (Starling, #1)

Borrowed:
1 through 4 in the Allie Finkle series.
11 BirthdaysClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
First seven as audio.

Apparently the book gods heard about my slow book summer and decided to intervene. It was like a switch was flipped in August.
Won:
Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3)Fateful The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
The last two were won within a few days of each other.

And then about a week after that I received:
The Bride Wore Size 12  (Heather Wells #5)

No comments:

Post a Comment