Monday, September 23, 2013

The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Welles #5) - Review

ENTER TO WIN SIZE 12 AND READY TO ROCK (HEATHER WELLES #4)

The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Wells #5)The Bride Wore Size 12 (Heather Welles #5) by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: September 24th 2013 by William Morrow Paperbacks

Heather Wells is used to having her cake and eating it too, but this time her cake just might be cooked. Her wedding cake, that is.

With her upcoming nuptials to PI Cooper Cartwright only weeks away, Heather's already stressed. And when a pretty junior turns up dead, Heather's sure things can't get worse—until every student in the dorm where she works is a possible suspect, and Heather's long-lost mother shows up.

Heather has no time for a tearful mother and bride reunion. She has a wedding to pull off and a murder to solve. Instead of wedding bells, she might be hearing wedding bullets, but she's determined to bring the bad guys to justice if it's the last thing she does . . . and this time, it just might be.


Huh, that's funny, the description on the back of my advance copy and on the book's page on Meg's website says "her upcoming nuptials to hunky PI Cooper Cartwright." Apparently GoodReads doesn't do hunky.

I have to admit that I'm new to the Heather Welles crowd, I just started the series last year but it quickly became an instant favorite. And maybe it's a good thing that I'm late to this party because I've gotten to spend more time with Heather in this last year than I would have had I spread the books out.
It's also why I usually wait for all the books in a series to be out before I start, plus that way I don't have to deal with cliffhangers and waiting a year for the next.

Because I read all five within a certain time frame, there's no question when I say The Bride Wore Size 12 is the best of the bunch.
We get so much more. More romance, which of course means more of the hunky PI Cooper Cartwright, a little more drama, but of course it wouldn't be a wedding without it. The mystery is more mysterious, you will not see it coming. And if you think you do you're lying.
And then Heather will know.
Because she is that awesome. If not more so.

As is the book.
And so is the end.
Which you will read twice.
Not because you'll have to, you'll just want to.
But then again, it is a Meg Cabot book, I don't see why you wouldn't want to reread it again along with the previous four.

No comments:

Post a Comment