Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tune In Tuesday - Johnny Cash

Tune In Tuesday Cover Edition

So a few days ago a little voice in my head told me I should share some covers of Johnny Cash songs on this week's Tune In post.
I'm not sure why, I don't normally plan ahead for my posts, if I did they'd probably be a lot more frequent. Normally I just share whatever's been stuck in my head that week, but, for some reason, this week a voice told me what to post. Which -as weird as my listening to the voices in my head sounds- is probably a good thing since I don't know what song I would have picked.



In the end, yes, the original will always be better, but I think what made this cover stick more was that it was the first time I ever heard Brad Paisley play.
 

My favorite of all the covers done on this song.

And as I finish this post I just realized that this month marks ten years that Johnny Cash died. I can only hope that the day that voice came into my head wasn't the actual date marking the anniversary. That would be too... well like me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these covers! My grandparents raised me on all things Loretta Lynn & Johnny Cash so it's songs like these that will always have a special place in my heart. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete