Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stacking the Shelves [12]

A funny thing happened to me about a month after my last Stacking the Shelves post, I went to an event at the library.
Where I had a somewhat awkward encounter with author Lindsey Leavitt, well maybe just awkward to me.
It was while I was eating lunch with my mom, and I saw her {Lindsey Leavitt} eating lunch with her daughter. I had no idea who she was, but I kind of started wondering if maybe she was an author.
Then I got in a fight with a trash can because my napkin wouldn't go in, and my mom dropped rice- and walked away to get something to drink- which pretty much invited all the pigeons to swoop in on me, which made me yell at my mom when she got back.
Now that I write that down I can understand why Lindsey would give me the look she gave me.
Could have been all said and done... if she hadn't ended up sitting next to me during the panel we went to.
"Hey! Remember me from a few minutes ago? I was the weird girl that practically made a huge scene with the birds outside. Want an eggroll, that is currently sticking out of my jacket?" In my defense I had just seen the movie The Birds the week before, and I don't even remember what the deal with the eggrolls was.
Panel ended, she moved up and then I realized "You're speaking on the next panel? You are an author!"
Again all said  and done, if I hadn't been planning on getting her book Going Vintage signed later, oh and had they NOT been giving away bags of books and she happened to pull out MY name from the raffle bowl.
"Hello again! Now you know my name. See you at the signing, where I will continue acting odd." Though that's the way I act with most authors at signings, I never know what to say.

Anyway that wasn't even the "funny thing" I mentioned earlier.
No it started the day before where I was once again complaining about my lack of shelves and space all together, and I realized I need to stop buying so many books. Especially since I still have a non-existent list of goals I want to get done before I continue with my book sprees.
I spent the day telling myself "No more books Diana, except the two or three tomorrow and you are done!"

But, well, to make an already too long story short, I went to the event and like I said above won a bag of books.
Because that is the way my world works. Maybe I should be more determined to get books and that way I'll actually stop. Because clearly saying "no more" is not working.

Anyway I won:
Since You Asked The Dead and Buried The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) Panic
Also won (not at library):
Vintage Tomorrows: A Historian and a Futurist Journey Through Steampunk Into the Future of Technology

Bought:
Oh. My. Gods.  (Oh. My. Gods. #1) Meets the Eye (Body of Evidence, #4) Ghost Flower Catnipped (Bad Kitty: The Graphic Novel, #1) The Other Side of Ethel Mertz: The Life Story of Vivian Vance Where Roses Grow Wild Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2) Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) Going Vintage
Last two at library.

ebooks:
Crossroads (Crossroads Saga, #1) Significance (Significance, #1) Collide (Collide, #1) Wasteland (Wasteland, #1) Maiden Behind the Mask Valkyrie Rising (Valkyrie #1) Six Times a Charm
Six Times a Charm set includes:
• Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase
• The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox
• Carpe Demon by Julie Kenner
• Girl’s Guide to Witchcraft by Mindy Klasky
• How to Date a Werewolf by Rose Pressey
• Easy Bake Coven by Liz Schulte

Borrowed:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) Losing It (Losing It, #1) Free Four: Tobias Tells the Story (Divergent, #1.5) Black Heart (The Curse Workers #3) Glitter Girls and the Great Fake Out (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, #5) Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment