Friday, November 22, 2013

The Edge of Never - Review

The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published November 13th 2012 by J.A. Redmerski

Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.

Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.


With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.

But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?




This book left me mad. Mad because it left me with way too many emotions.
Way too many.
Even with books that leave me feeling some things, I'm not used to that. Or this much.

I honestly think I've felt more with this book than I have with any person I've known.
And I just admitted that.

I'm sure it will stay with me for a long while and I'll find myself thinking about it months from now.
Days later it had really effected my mood (I did not help myself by reading a preview for the next book) I did not cry for this one but I know I'll be a mess for that one. Looking at the fact that I'm already far gone I can only imagine how I'll end up when I read it. I should probably schedule some sick days in advance.

You have to do that with books like this shut the world out. It will take you out of commission for quite the while. One minute you're sitting there minding you own business trying to be a part of the real world when all of a sudden like a mood swing: bam! "Oh my gods that book! And that moment. I'm going to need a moment of my own."

Positive it really made me want to escape the mundane. If I ever get the guts to get out and go I'm blaming it all on this book... and the movie It Happened One Night.

This is one of those books that I needed to read, and I'm so glad it found me. Because it did find me, I had seen it and ignored it, But I got an email about it and finally read what it was about just at the moment I needed it.

FYI: This was the book that inspired my "Thought-filled Thought" last month: Running Away With The Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment