Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tune In Tuesday - Boy Bands!

Tune In Tuesday 90s Edition
There's a totally random reason for this week's picks.
On Saturday I went to a Christmas tree lighting, and performing there, other than Mark Ballas and a few other people I'd never heard of, was Jesse McCartney. And obviously he was early 2000's but my mom kept asking me if he had a brother.
Long story short, but trust me not as long as that show, I later figured out she had him confused with Aaron Carter.
Who was also way early 2000's, so I've decided to break out Nick Carter and boy bands instead.

I don't know about you but I like to think that boy bands were one of the best things of the 90's.
And look at it this way: girls had groups of guys to choose from as opposed to now where the most they get is 3.
Well with the exception of that certain British band everyone is crazy about.




This was not the song I was going; for but the video drew me in. It's so weird, yet oddly fascinating. Very Thriller. And not just because it's way too long.

I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the Backstreet Boys, I was more into N'SYNC.

I was all for Justin, although strangely enough when they broke up and he went solo I never cared for him again.
 

I was late to the 98º party, I think the only reason I ever heard them was because I got a free sample CD with a shampoo packet. Which the cashier accused me of buying only for the CD. As if my mom gave me the choice between clean hair and a CD?

4 comments:

  1. "Tearin' Up My Heart" is totally on my iPod right now! And I do have some BSB on there too…I think my all-time fave is "Quit Playin' Games with My Heart." So many memories of discussing which Backstreet Boy was hottest with my friends in middle school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was more into Backstreet, I think their songs have held up better in the long run than nsync's which are more dated to the 90s. Add to that they have a much larger song catalog, especially if you add the unreleased material we have access to AND they continue to make new music! So yea, I have 3 (Tearin Up My Heart is one) nsync songs on my playlists and HUNDREDS of BSB songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was more into Backstreet, I think their songs have held up better in the long run than nsync's which are more dated to the 90s. Add to that they have a much larger song catalog, especially if you add the unreleased material we have access to AND they continue to make new music! So yea, I have 3 (Tearin Up My Heart is one) nsync songs on my playlists and HUNDREDS of BSB songs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God. Boy bands!! Just watching these again makes me want to starting screaming like a ridiculous fan girl! LOL! Ok, not really, I was never really into any of them in terms of looks but I did love a lot of the music!! I was actually more into 98º and BoyZone, but apparently, it made a difference where in the world you live in and of course, how much radio play the bands actually got. My cousin in Canada had never heard of BoyZone until she came to visit me in Malaysia. Good times. =) Here's my Tune In this week: http://www.hazelleevaughn.com/2013/11/12/tune-in-tuesday-90%E2%80%B2s-edition-roxette/

    ReplyDelete