Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Few More Books Worth Mentioning

While picking my top ten books of the year- technically I ended up picking like 13: "11, 10.5, 2.5"- I saw so many great books I read that kind of slipped under the radar.

And as much as I would have loved to have given them a spotlight or raved about them, they didn't really give me much to work with.
Which is why I guess they "slipped under the radar." They don't have the name power or popularity other books have that get them noticed and talked about.
Basically they're me the high school years.

They're acknowledged, if they're lucky to be found or introduced to someone, they prove that they're something special and it's great fun. But then another book with a shinier cover comes along; and, well, out of sight out of mind.

Which is an expression I  hate, if only because it not only describes me but all my possessions now that I have to have them boxed up.

So here they are books that probably would have gotten more recognition if I hadn't read so much this year:
Touch Daughter of the Goddess Wintergirls Untimed Imaginable (Intangible, #2) Rosebush Cassie Scot: ParaNormal Detective Dead Girls Don't Lie

And most were given to me for review, so here's a note to authors: Help me help you better promote your books.

Because with these a simple review is NOT enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment