Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I have no idea when my last It's Monday post went up.
I'm thinking March or April, like I mentioned Friday I've kind of let myself and this blog down in more ways than one this year. And considering it all fell apart sometime after April it kind of makes sense that I can probably count this year's It's Monday! post on one hand.

That, and lately my reading patterns have felt so odd, or slow, that I can't really explain them. Or try to list them.
But I can always try.

Audiobooks:
 
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really liked Ed Westwick's voice. Which is about the only thing I did like.

 
The Transfer: A Divergent StoryThe Transfer: A Divergent Story by Veronica Roth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yeah, I'd runaway to a place where they give me weapons too.

I don't think I care enough for most of the characters in the books, so these short stories probably help. It's interest seeing them from a different perspective.

And Aaron Stanford's voice is kind of soothing.

 
Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, #6)Glitter Girls And The Great Fake Out (Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls, #5)Glitter Girls And The Great Fake Out and Blast from the Past by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I realized, if I ever give these books to kids I'm going to have to explain the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.
All the pop culture references are my favorite parts in all Meg Cabot books.


Currently Reading:
Two Girls of Gettysburg Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

2 comments:

  1. Meg Cabot is such a fun writer. I haven't read that series though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thoughts on Clockwork Prince I trying to deicde if I want to read this, I really enjoyed her Mortal Instrument series.

    ReplyDelete