But my main focus this year was to finish up some series before starting new ones so I only managed to get a top 5.
1. Rick Riordan. Book(s) read: Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
First and foremost. I can't believe I called myself a mythology fan and I hadn't read any of his books before this year.
2. Lauren Oliver. Book read: Delirium.
Met her at the Los Angeles Book Fair back in April. It was the end of the day I was tired and she was awesome.
You gotta love those few people that can make you forget that you're tired and about ready to punch the people with book-filled wagons that make you wait even longer while they get each. one. signed.
I've ranted about this before, so now I'll just say: us single bookers should be allowed to go first. You won't even notice us.
3. Elisa Nader. Book read: Escape From Eden
I'm really looking forward to more of her books.
4. Lindsey Leavitt. Book read: Going Vintage
Met her at a library event in October, it was somewhat awkward.
5. J.A Redmerski. Book read: The Edge of Never
I have to admit I wasn't too crazy about the way The Edge of Never was written, but the fact that it really stuck with me is more than enough to add her to this list.