Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

I've discovered, and met, so many great authors this year; it's probably been the best year I've had when it comes to connecting with authors.

But my main focus this year was to finish up some series before starting new ones so I only managed to get a top 5.

1. Rick Riordan. Book(s) read: Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
First and foremost. I can't believe I called myself a mythology fan and I hadn't read any of his books before this year.

2. Lauren Oliver. Book read: Delirium.
Met her at the Los Angeles Book Fair back in April. It was the end of the day I was tired and she was awesome.
You gotta love those few people that can make you forget that you're tired and about ready to punch the people with book-filled wagons that make you wait even longer while they get each. one. signed.

I've ranted about this before, so now I'll just say: us single bookers should be allowed to go first. You won't even notice us.

3. Elisa Nader. Book read: Escape From Eden
I'm really looking forward to more of her books.

 
4. Lindsey Leavitt. Book read: Going Vintage
Met her at a library event in October, it was somewhat awkward.

5. J.A Redmerski. Book read: The Edge of Never
I have to admit I wasn't too crazy about the way The Edge of Never was written, but the fact that it really stuck with me is more than enough to add her to this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment