Monday, January 27, 2014

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon


Reading this week (in order of interest)
Nefertiti Rory (The Ghosts of Palladino, #1) The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2) Forever (Temptation, #3) Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn

With this much drama I'm probably gonna be looking for something fun and light by Wednesday. I can only hope that by the end of this read-a-thon my current reading list goes down before it goes up.

I've been reading a lot of what I want this month and it's pretty awesome. Of course in the back of my mind I know I have a handful of books that are about to expire. It's those thoughts that really make me miss the days I could read all day.

Back when I would start a read-a-thon and say "I'm going to enjoy this read-a-thon because it's probably my last one I can fully devote myself to."

That last read-a-thon never really did come. I don't know what I was expecting when I would write that; come what may I'll always find time to read.

Obviously it's a lot less than it was two years ago.
You'd be surprised how much reading you can get done when unwillingly stuck with a child (especially one unwilling to learn or even do anything).
There was also a lot of nothing in those few years. But that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Diana, so glad you're joining us again! I apologize for the late greeting. My week always decides to rear its ugly head when I host my read-a-thons. haha!

    Great list! I have Nefertiti and still haven't read it. In fact, I have several of Moran's books that I haven't read. So many books, so little time!

    ReplyDelete