Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves {13}


This would be the "after Christmas post." If I was given books for Christmas.
Not since Borders closed.

I did get a book-shaped keepsake box, I love. It came with a "Because I hear you read." Which turns out is something you don't really want to hear when being given what looks like a large text book.
I was also given really warm socks with a "I know you like socks."
Both very true and when it comes to giving me gift I think those are two main ideas to keep in mind. I read and I like fun socks.

And my mom did give me a book:
The Wicked Wit Of Oscar Wilde Centenary Edition
Because we went to the store and I said "Hey, Oscar Wilde quotes!"
"Because I like both quotes and Oscar Wilde." And even better quotes by Oscar Wilde.

Bought:
No, But I Saw the Movie: The Best Short Stories Ever Made Into Film After Midnight (Cabot, #1)

ebooks:
Timekeeper Talented (Talented Saga, #1)


Borrowed:
Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Vixen

5 comments:

  1. Well they try, I say when my family members give me gifts. I really love how diverse your haul is. At least your mother gave you something she thought you would like. Family tries though.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talented is on my TBR list, and I really liked Vixen when I read it. Enjoy! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allegiant was one of my favourite books of last year! I hope you like it. ;) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you only got one book and one book look alike. I hope you get some more books for the next holiday! I didn't get any books- but I got multiple gift cards to both indie bookstores and chain bookstores, so I got to treat myself to some books I wanted. Looks like you have some great books up to read!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! I love Oscar Wilde too, his quotes are amazing.

    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.'

    I hope you enjoy your books! My STS :)

    ReplyDelete