Thursday, January 16, 2014

Trailer Thursday: Awakening Foster Kelly

Here's something I haven't done in a while.
And by "while" I mean two years.

When I say stuff like that I have to stop and ask myself if I've even been blogging that long. I have. I'm going on three years in April and I only ever posted trailers that first year.
For a while that was almost all I posted. I've always been a slow starter.

But I'm going back to them this year and starting with the new book trailer for one of my favorite books from last year: Awakening Foster Kelly.
Who I keep wanting to call Heidi Foster from another book I read last year. Sorry both to Foster and author Cara Rosalie Olsen. The worst part about my occasional mix up is, that it's probably a situation Foster would be familiar with, since she is often forgotten or ignored.

Actually that's a situation I'm familiar with. Someone once saw my last name: Moran, thought it was my first and started calling me Mulan. Yes, some kids/teens are just that stupid.

Sorry! Right, not about me. I do have a trailer to get to.
 


This trailer made me miss reading the book. Something about the music and the imagery makes it just as beautiful as the book it's about.

Awakening Foster Kelly review.


 
 

 
CARA ROSALIE OLSEN resides in sunny Southern California, where she lives with her very patient husband, Michael, and their spoiled pooch, Annabella. A product of a relatively normal childhood - whatever that means - Olsen recalls "Life had this relentlessly boorish way of reminding me I was wonky and unapproved. Regardless of status or gene pool, there is nothing simple or easy about growing up. Life doesn't play favorites or carry biases; it's the pits for everyone. But rather than constantly falling into the pit, often I chose to climb down willingly, lining the bottom with a soft place to land. That place is where I became a reader, and today, a writer."

Throughout high school Olsen struggled with subjects Math and Science, but excelled at the arts, written and performed, often finding a kindred spirit in those teaching Creative Writing and English Literature. What began with an ardency for language soon developed into a burgeoning desire to create. This yearning took shape in the form of poetry and short story fiction, both of which have been featured in print and online publications. Olsen's debut novel, Awakening Foster Kelly is the result of a four-year project born on a whim and sustained by its characters' tenacity and their refusal to give the author a minute to herself. "In the beginning, getting them to talk was like trying to light a wet match. So, we had several long, sometimes combative conversations. I told them that unless they started holding up their end of the deal, I would have no choice but to fill in the blanks with whatever scraps came to mind. It wasn't very long before I started showing up to find that everyone was already seated and waiting for me. We talked. I drank coffee. It was bliss."

These days Olsen considers herself incredibly blessed to be able to do what she loves most. However . . . if she wasn’t a full-time writer, she would have liked to join the cast of Saturday Night Live, or, taken over as CEO of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.

For more information, please visit CaraRosalieOlsen.com & AwakeningFosterKelly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment