Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tune In Tuesday - Me

Yes "Me" is my theme for the week.

As always there is a story here. And as always I'll try to keep it short.

Back in June I was asked to pick out some music for my aunt's wedding, so I spent a few days making up a playlist on Spotify. But, of course, in the end probably ended picking out more songs for myself.
Someone took over; so it was never even acknowledged.

Anyone who has checked out my Tune In post more than once knows I love musicals. One of my favorites is Bye Bye Birdie staring 1960's crooner Bobby Rydell. While looking through his music I found one titled Diana, so I started joking that when I get married I was going to have a medley of songs featuring my name.

Shared this with my cousin and she was all for it. She even told me to be sure to add Michael Jackson and One Direction.

I'm not getting married anytime soon, and it's not like I'd actually go through with it, but I couldn't resist seeing how many songs I could get and since it's my birthday tomorrow I decided to share it for the occasion.



Kind of surprised that there's a handful; a few I know of aren't on Spotify so that's not even all of them. And I added a couple of Diane's because, why not? Some people call me that once in a while.

*The Bobby Rydell and Frankie Avalon ones are the same just different tempos.

4 comments:

  1. Love it when there are songs with our names in it! I used to be obsessed with the Jonas Brothers in early high school, and they have a song named "Mandy", and I used to pretend they wrote it for me lol. Plus there is Barry Manilow's "Mandy", which some of my friends have sung in Karaoke bars for me lol. Great times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I've ever heard those, I was never into the Jonas Brothers when they were popular. One "Mandy" song I've always like is from the movie White Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I love that you were able to find so many songs with your name in it! Who would have thought? I know of one song with my name in it by a singer under the name of Rival Summers but it's spelled the same way so I consider it a double win. I hope you have the happiest of birthdays tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, this is an amazing idea! I'm super jealous that my name doesn't appear in any songs (at least, none that I'm aware of). But I may or may not have a working playlist for my (as-yet hypothetical) wedding already!

    My pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete