Friday, January 3, 2014

Untracable - Review

Untraceable (The Nature of Grace, #1)Untraceable by S.R. Johannes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published November 15th 2011 by Coleman and Stott

16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.

When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.

Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.



It could have been so much more but it turned out to be too much. It felt like three different stories at times, instead of just focusing on the disappearance of Grace's father.

Instead it was a romance between Grace and the mysterious Mo, the "hot guy" with an intoxicating accent and secret. We're not even given a real reason to care about those secrets. Well other than wondering what some guy is doing practically living in the woods.

Call me paranoid, but I don't care how hot this guy is I'm not exactly running into the woods with him.
But, then again, my mom has been exposing me to crime shows since I was 11, so maybe I have an excuse for being paranoid.

Then there's the "web of conspiracy, deception, and murder," which you would think would be intriguing, but not so much. It felt too long to actually get there.


Untraceable has been out for a couple of years now, the third book just came out recently, and I've read a lot of great reviews for it. From what I've heard everyone loves the mystery and the twist.
But for me it wasn't enough of a mystery. All I saw was a stubborn girl in a town that could really care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment