Saturday, February 15, 2014

3rd Annual Book Bloggers Love-a-thon

I'd love to go on about how much I love this event and how it's my favorite part of being a blogger but from what I remember from my interview answers I kind of got a little gushy there so I'll just leave it like that for now.

I will say thanks to our hosts Katelyn and Alexa for what I'm sure will be two awesome days. I should also thank them for making it two days because the way I've been feeling this past week I would not have made it a full 24 hours.

Now that I say that I should put up a disclaimer that I may be misspelling words or just hitting the wrong letter as I type - you will not believe how many times I've had to hit backspace just writing this sentence. I can't explain why; that's just where my head has been lately.
As always I will try to catch myself but sometime in these two days somebody is getting a typo-filled comment.


Now let's start this love-a-thon!

I'm so glad that we got to interview other bloggers participating I had so much fun with it last year and this year was just as great.
This time around I got to do an interview with Lisa from Captivated Reader.


1) What has been the best experience you've had as a book blogger?

Participating in the Best of 2013 Audiobook Blog Hop....


2) If you could travel anywhere, real or fiction, where would it be?

I'd love to take a whirl wind tour of Europe.


3) What do you enjoy doing when you're not reading?

Spending time with family & friends, blogging, geocaching with my hubby, spending time outdoors.


4) What's something people would be surprised to learn about you?

I'm a tea snob... I'm particular about which brand I drink... I don't like iced tea. Nor do I like instant tea, or tea that comes in a bottle or can... I have specific way of brewing hot tea, how it's sweetened etc.... Organic jasmine green tea is my favorite flavor.


5) If you could see anyone in concert, dead or alive, who would it be?

The Beatles... They were big when my mom was a teenager and I'd love to see them at the height of their fame in concert.


6) What was your favorite movie growing up?

Grease or The Wizard of Oz


7) What song do you have on constant replay?

I don't have any one song on constant replay... How ever lately, my brain has been stuff in the 1970s.... This song has been on my mind as of late!!


8) What upcoming movie are you counting the days for?

The Giver


9) Favorite quote?

I have so many favorite quotes.... But, "Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace." Dalai Lama, is my favorite at the moment.

13 comments:

  1. YES! The Beatles! Me too. I'm such a huge Beatles fan!! Do you have a favorite Beatle?

    - Elizabeth @ Redhead Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough question!! But I have to say Paul or John!

      Delete
  2. I would so love to take a tour of Europe too! Which countries would you want to visit? I'd go for France, London, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult not to answer that I'd love to visit them all, but I would love to visit every country in Europe. However, I think Russia, would top the list of countries, especially the cities of St. Petersburg and Moscow... I was a Russian language major in college, so visiting Russia would be a must.

      I'd also love to visit Italy and hit all the major cities there... I'm half Italian so visiting the country where my ancestors come from would be awesome.

      Lastly, visiting France would be high on the list of places to see as well. :-)

      Delete
    2. If you do go I hope you love it!

      Greece and Ireland top my list. I was in Italy a few years ago but would love to go again, since most of the things we saw were churches and I'm more interested in the ancient history part of it.

      Delete
  3. A tour of Europe would be amazing! I love travelling, and would definitely love to do something like that. And Grease is absolutely fantastic, you have good taste. I need to hurry up and read The Giver before the movie is released!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Giver is so awesome!!!

      Delete
    2. Agree! I can't wait for the movie either. Have your read the other books in the series?

      Delete
    3. Also agree with Grease being a great movie, when I first saw that answer a part of me wanted to respond right away going "Yes! Me too! Let's be friends forever!"

      Delete
  4. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan, but I would love to have been alive during their peak years. They changed the face of music and I would have loved to have been able to say I was a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exposed to them growing up but I really stated listening to them a lot more last year. If I remember correctly I think it might have been this month last year.

      Delete
  5. We did a bit of Geocaching but then just kinda forgot about. We need to do it some this summer! I grew up in the south so I am all about Luzianne sweet iced tea. But I am slowly branching out into hot tea on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beatles! Also, a whirlwind tour of Europe would be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete