Friday, February 14, 2014

Forever (Temptation #3) - Review

Forever (Temptation, #3)Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published January 28th 2014 by Harlequin Teen

All I want is my happily-ever-after.

That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller.

From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation.

If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever.

But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off.



I didn't purposely plan to post this review on Valentine' Day but it does seem appropriate seeing as how Rose and Noah are my first favorite couple of the year. Making this my first favorite romance also.


I'm pretty sure when I finished Belonging I thought about writing both a good review and a bad review. I was that on the fence about it, and I'm pretty sure it left me feeling like crying.
But not in a positive way.
I'm very iffy on the subject of pregnancy and it did not help that Rose was only 17.

Luckily I never got to writing that negative review.

I did start wondering if I would have to do that for this one. I really enjoyed the first book in the trilogy Temptation. The story of Rose and Noah's forbidden relationship was just that: tempting. I was hoping that they could make it and that things would end happily.

Of course that isn't how things work.

Especially in the sequel. And I grew very upset with these two characters and the romance I was rooting for.
I have to admit every once in a while towards the end I would think "Please don't do anything stupid!" It probably didn't help that I knew what was coming in the third book.

Starting the final book of their journey those feelings had not gone away. I even started thinking that I was just loving hating them, and it took me at least one hundred pages to get past all their drama.

You'd think with the blog title I'd be into it; but it was just too much.

Once I did get past it I was back to caring for Rose and Noah and their relationship deeply, possibly more than ever. From then until the end it was pretty beautiful.

With all that they had to go through I was expecting some major tragedies. And some do come along, it wouldn't be a normal world without them; but they come out stronger from it.

They finally got their happy ending and I was so happy to see it happen.


This book is going to end up in the list of books that are special to me because of all that I felt for it; good and bad. It's actually because of those bad feelings, I had moments when I stopped to ask why I was reading it but I never actually stopped. It had me and was not letting go.
And any book that can completely turn me around on my opinions of it is a special one to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment