Sunday, February 16, 2014

Love-a-thon Mash Up

Are we all ready for another day of love?
I know I'm ready for another day trying to avoid typos. Found one from the chat last night: instead of saying "at the end of the", I wrote "at the the of the." Of course I noticed this after I started drinking.

For today's first challenge we get to mix books with anything else we love. Since I make jewelry I'm always trying to make something related to what I've read.

Unfortunately I have failed at this attempt. I do have a similar necklace to Pierce from Abandon, but mine is glass not a diamond. I have a rose charm that reminds me of the one from Vampire Academy again not as diamondy and it doesn't have any magic properties either. The one I've always wanted but have yet to find is a snowflake necklace like Princess Mia's in The Princess Diaries.

Not really worth sharing though.

Something else I do is graphic design, and last year whenever I would get bored I would start designing bookmarks with quotes. Or really anything with quotes.

It's like I was expecting this challenge.






 
"There’s people who do things and people who never do—who say they will someday, but they just don’t. I want to go on a quest. I’ve always wanted to go on a quest. And now that I have one, I’m not backing down from it. I’m not going home until it’s complete.”   - Holly Black

I was never able to get the font right for that one.

11 comments:

  1. That Shakespeare quote though! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites. A few years ago I wrote out maybe 5 or 10 quotes on post-its and after all this time that one is the only one that didn't fall down, I like to think that means something.

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea. I love Bookmarks and wish I was talented enough to design my own! Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The second and fourth and random pictures I had and was playing around one day when I realized those quotes would fit in with them.
      Recently I tried looking through quotes and seeing what inspired me.

      Delete
  3. Very cool idea to make those bookmarks with the quotes on them! And hopefully you won't have any more typos today! I know I feel like such a doofus when I make one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I love quotes so whenever I'm bored I always look some up.

      The worst thing about a typo is noticing them after people have commented on what you said so now there's no fixing it without deleting the conversation. As for typos today I keep making "things" into "thinks."

      Delete
  4. These are b-e-a-u-tiful!! LOVE them!! Great job! :)

    xo, Becca @Pivot Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite design in this post is the Shakespeare one! So beautifully done. Thanks for sharing some of your awesome creations!

    ReplyDelete