Friday, February 14, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [14]

I'd like to think that my self control, or I guess you could call it "shelf control" is, well, under control.
How long has it been since I last mentioned I don't actually have a shelf and instead have stacks and boxes of books?
A few weeks ago I decided to was going to commandeer my shelves, and bring them into the already crowded room I'm currently stuck in.
But then I made the mistake of sharing my idea. Which resulted in getting "helpful" alternatives which only helped upset me.

Point of the story: I've finally accepted, more or less, that I am currently shelf-less and that I need to control the amount of books I buy.
I should also thank whoever is responsible for my not receiving won books or packages since November.
I've pretty much lost hope of getting any of those.

Anyway positive notes now.

Bought:
Boy Meets Girl (Boy, #2) The Mythology of Supernatural: The Signs and Symbols Behind the Popular TV Show Doomed Queens: Royal Women Who Met Bad Ends, From Cleopatra to Princess Di

Won:
The Time-Traveling Fashionista and Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile
(Lost in the mail, sender was nice enough to check in and send another.)

Borrowed:
My Name Is Memory The Stupidest Angel CD The Grimm Legacy (The Grimm Legacy, #1) The Guard (The Selection, #2.5)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choices this week. I have no control. My shelves are flowing. Sometimes packages get lost in the mail and that is the USPS fault not the sender. I like the cover for the Guard.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me I know I've gotten many wrong address mail, stangely enough it's usually addressed to a Diana. Senders I've dealt with have been great, like I said above I've had a few check in to see if I had received it.

      Delete