Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Books I Loved But Never Wrote a Review For


There have been very few books I've read for myself that I've reviewed on here.
I don't know why.
Well other than wanting to do more than just reviews and than giving my full focus on the books given to me for that purpose.

The more I love a book the less I want to go on about why I loved it.
I'm a very odd person I know.
I found some thoughts I wrote ten years ago about a book I had just finished (Princess In Waiting), and found myself wishing that I could still put it all out there like that. I just let it all go.

But then again, maybe that's easier for a 14 year old girl. Or should it be easier now at 24?
I really don't know!

I do know that the more I read the harder it gets to find the right words to express myself about the ones I love. Without being redundant.

As I say that I feel like telling myself to go back to writing for me. No one else is reading this; just me.
It's usually when I start thinking like that, that the authors finds me.

And people sometimes tell me they can't wait to hear what I thought of a certain book, even if they're just being polite I should at least try.
I'm slowly inspiring myself to write a review for some of these books now.
And you're all witness.

The top ten books I loved but never wrote a review for, (but now I sort of want to.)

1) Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson. At some points it was hard to keep reading, I couldn't imagine going on trying to explain why.

2) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan, If any book on this list needs a review it's this one.

3) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, This one actually did get a review on Goodreads, but looking at it now I can totally add more to it.
Although with the movie, which I still haven't seen, I don't think I want to.

4) Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran, or any book I've read by Michelle Moran really.

5) Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston,

6) Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn, Although I probably did go on about it here a few years ago when I was way into reincarnation.

7) Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T Michelle, I really wanted to write a review for this one but the closets I got on Good reads was: One thing I can't stand when I give a book like this 5 stars is that I can never explain why. It's such a great story I wish I could say why I liked it as much as I did, but it'll take me forever to find any words to fit it.
I can't even go after the few things I disliked... which I actually think made me like it even more.


8) Now You See Her Jacquelyn Mitchard, This was my first advanced copy I received for review. But this was before I was a blogger.

9) Rosebush by Michele Jaffe, On that note I have another book of hers I need to finish for a review.

10) Any Meg Cabot book, with the last two Summers devoted to the Meg-a-Readers this should have happened too.

1 comment:

  1. Great pick! I have so many books I love but haven't wrote reviews for. It's really hard for ones that I read so long ago as I don't remember everything that I loved about it and wouldn't know how to do a real review for it. I feel like I would have to reread them in order to review them. Nice list :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete