Monday, March 10, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's been about a month since my last post and I get the feeling I've started more books than I've finished. I'm definitely due for a long read-a-thon.
I did have a couple of sick days to get some reading done, but that could have gone better.

Though now that I look at this post I can't help but notice it has been a pretty good month in books for me.

Since my last post I've read:

NefertitiNefertiti by Michelle Moran
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Amazing as all her other books.





 
The Stargazer (Arboretti Family, #1)The Stargazer by Michele Jaffe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Review Soon. Hopefully this week.






The Making of Nebraska BrownThe Making of Nebraska Brown by Louise Caiola
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
It's books like this that make me wish I had the ability to cry over a book.
I don't. Which is probably worse than crying over any other book.
The Making of Nebraska Brown is an amazing book with a beautifully written story.
ORIGINAL POST


The Elite (The Selection, #2)The Elite by Kiera Cass
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I love it!
A part of me is so thankful that I don't have to wait long for the final book, but I know that it's probably going to come out and I'm still going to make myself wait to get it.



Audiobooks:
 
Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Allegiant by Veronica Roth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Somewhere between my finishing Divergent and even before starting Allegiant my interest for the trilogy really fell. Hard.
Maybe it was the fact that a few people ruined the end of it or maybe it's because I feel that the way Divergent ended had so much potential to go in a different direction than it was taken, same with Insurgent.

I didn't really like that there wasn't one, or even two villains, it seemed like they had to fight with almost everyone. And I never felt myself really connect with any of the characters; so when something did happen to them all I thought was "Oh ok, sad. Who was s/he again?".

I did like the ending though, it's different from everything else.

The Grimm Legacy (The Grimm Legacy, #1)The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It reminded me of Warehouse 13. Mainly why I really enjoyed it.






Reading this week:
 
Breaking Nova (Nova, #1) Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) Atonement

Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a reread; which I am loving more than the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment