Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tune In Tuesday - Mellow Moments


At the beginning of the year I said I would try to pick songs that fit in with the type of week, or month, I'd been having. I guess I thought I would be super moody or actually have things going on.

Actually last month was pretty moody for me. But, thankfully, we had the Love Song theme so I can't imagine the songs I'd have picked.

Today's post does kind of tie into that though.

Last month, sometime after Valentine's Day and until I don't know how long after, my mood completely fell. I just stopped caring about most things. And it didn't help that I got sick in that time.
Although that is a good marking point, I woke up sick a couple of weeks ago and then that week everything seems to have cleared up a bit.

Every once in a while I need to be reminded to stop worrying, and that it's not, completely, the end of the world. Only real problem with that right now is that when I stop worrying I tend to just stop everything else too.
Right now it's not a real problem because I don't have any major commitments but I know it will be a huge problem when I do.
I mentioned this on Twitter last week, and like I said then, I might as well enjoy that I can put everything on hold when I feel like it because I won't be able to soon enough.
I always say soon, but soon never has come.

The point for my sharing is that when I'm in that mood I turn to music. Usually classical or instrumental.
I listened to a lot of classical music last summer.

I've share that about myself before and have mentioned that my go to has always been David Garrett,



With just one song by him I'm somewhere else.

I've also shared that I worry one day I'll listen to him and feel nothing. Or worst listen to him and remember the reason I was in a bad mood in the first place.

I might have gotten close to that last month; I was just not in the mood for any of it. Both David and anything else on my playlist for the occasion. Which also includes some classical guitar.


Hopefully I've made it obvious that I'll listen to practically anything, but it probably would have been a clear sign that something was going on with me when I started turning to classic rock to mellow me out.

Specifically:


Would you believe that's one of the first videos to come out for this song?
It is appropriate though since Supernatural is the reason I like not only this song but most classic rock.
Well one of two reasons nowadays.

I played this song so many times last month, and most were in a two day period.

In hindsight it's kind of funny how surprised I was by my sudden attachment to it. As was my sudden attachment to it.

I wish I knew why, but it just really calmed me when I heard it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love "Carry on Wayward Son" -- such a fabulous (not so) guilty pleasure! And that version of "Live and Let Die" is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been feeling down, I hope things start looking up for you soon. And wow! That version if Live and Let Die and David Garrett's performance is amazing! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete